Wednesday 21 November 2012

The Liebster Award

Morning!
I've been nominated for the Liebster Award by Isabella-Louise Anderson. Thankyou!



Here are the rules:
  • When one receives the award, one posts 11 random facts about oneself and answers the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
  • Pass the award onto 11 other blogs (while making sure one notifies the blogger that one nominated them!)
  • One writes up 11 NEW questions directed towards YOUR nominees.
  • One is not allowed to nominate the blog who nominated one’s own blog!
  • One pastes the award picture into ones blog. (You can Google the image, there are plenty of them!)
11 random facts about Susan Buchanan:
I am very competitive
I have 3 amazing young nephews, all mad
I used to run for Scotland (800m/1500m/cross-country - it was a long time ago!)
I am seriously clumsy
I speak 5 languages and have dabbled with 4 others
I have loads of food allergies (annoying when you really like your grub, like me!) but kiwi fruit and walnuts make me particularly ill.
I love quiz shows - although I always feel really thick when I watch University Challenge. Prefer Pointless.
I don't really listen to contemporary music, apart from Snow Patrol. I love to listen to classical music, particularly when I am writing
I love travelling and have visited 45 or 46 countries, including almost all of the Southern US
I (try to) grow my own vegetables (but the Scottish weather has other ideas)
I can't sleep if I don't have a book in my hand. Even 2 lines is enough to make me drop off, but no book, no sleep!
I would do pretty much anything (legal) for my friends and family.

 
 
Questions from Isabella Louise Anderson:-


If you could stay at the same age for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Probably about 30-35 - those were great years, when I started living the life I should have had in my 20s!

Did you have a high school sweetheart?
Not really. I was too into athletics back then, although I did date a couple of guys, but no-one earth-shattering!

What’s your favorite smell?
cut grass or freshly brewed coffee

What is your favorite drink?
Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc

Which would you rather be, the First Lady or the Queen of England?
The Queen, as she gets to have her head on lots of banknotes and all the swans here belong to her!

What are you favorite pizza toppings?
Vegetarian Hot Oone is the pizza I usually go for. So veggies, but with lots of jalapenos (can't figure out how to do the tilde over the  'n' here!)

How old were you when you you knew what you wanted to be?
Well, that's kind of tricky, as I am no longer doing what I used to be. I  knew from about the age of 13 that I wanted to use my languages in whatever job I did. I did that up until this year, when I decided to write full-time.  Although you could argue it's still languages, just my own native tongue!

Coffee or tea? - strangely, for a Brit, coffee

Date night in, or date night out? - Probably out, as it's more of an occasion and we have to talk to each other, as there's no TV and no Twitter!

If you could be any actress, who would it be? - Sandra Bullock - I like her movies and she's funny.

What movie can you watch over and over? - Dirty Dancing - 'nobody puts Baby in a corner' and all that.

Here are my nominees: Vanessa Wester, Electa Graham, R J Heald, Seumas Gallacher, Kate Verrier (MeMyBooksandI), Sonya Kemp (Destinylover09), Carol (Dizzy C), Gerri Bowen, Sibel Hodge, Maria Savva, Rosie (Rosiereview)
 
Questions for my nominees:
If you could turn back time, what, if anything would you change?
What 3 things did/do you definitely want to do before you turned 30/turn 30?
Favourite takeway food
If you could date a famous actor/actress for one night only (don't read anything into this!) who would it be?
Wildlife programmes or home makeover shows?
Favourite city in the whole world
City, countryside or by the sea?
Do you have any particular talents (keep it at a PG level pls!)
Which sport do you wish (if any) that you were really good at (or are you already really good at?)
If today was the last day of Mankind (cheery thought...) what would you like to be doing?

That's it - tune in tomorrow when I'll be interviewing the wonderful, Joanna Rees, author of last week's reviewed book, A Twist of Fate.


 
 

4 comments:

  1. What fun it was to learn a little more about you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, how cool! Thanks for nominating me, Susan! And I'm loving your answers :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for nominating me, Sooz! I enjoyed reading your random things and answers :) Interesting that you can't sleep without reading!

    ReplyDelete