Sunday 22 July 2012

Six Sentence Sunday - A Bit of Levity This Fine Sunday

I thought I'd stick with The Dating Game again this week, since I've been so caught up in writing and editing it this week. Here's one of my favourite scenes, actually based on something that happened to a friend of mine years ago in a nightclub!

'Too late. A ripping sound rent the air. A cool draught assailed Gill, as he realised that she had caught her Capri pants on something. As she struggled to free herself, one further rip sealed her fate. She had ripped the ass out of her trousers. Seriously - from front to back...'


For the other SixSunday entrants - please check out sixsunday.com after 2pm UK time (9am EST)

In the meantime, until I finish writing The Dating Game, feel free to check out Sign of the Times at http://amzn.to/GKqZGd (UK) & http://amzn.to/IYN0Fc (US & other .com)

Have a great Sunday
Sooz

8 comments:

  1. How embarrassing! I wonder what she'll do next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah, well you'll have to wait until end Sep to find out. I can say she sort of did what my friend did, but Gill's experience was slightly less embarrassing!

      Delete
  2. LOL...I love it...can't wait to see what happens next :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad you liked it! For the record, I had a moment not unlike this myself, but it was not on a night out! It was at work and the rip wasn't quite so bad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. you'll have to wait until next Sun to see...if I decide to follow this six with the next six!

      Delete
  5. So embarrassing, (and bare-ass-ing, I guess!) Nice use of detail.

    One nitpick - is it supposed to be '...as *she* realized that she had caught her Capri pants...'? Because I was wondering if a male character was realizing that this was happening to a woman, but this didn't really fit with the cool draught. Great writing otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, no, it's correct. Immediately before, she has bent down to get her cell phone our of her bag, which is under the table. That's how she rips her trousers. Her date doesn't yet know about her predicament...

    ReplyDelete